In this article, I will show you the steps to install the MTK flash tool and how to install firmware on your MediaTek device using it.
Furthermore, if you prefer to try out the custom development tweaks, such as installing custom binaries or mods, then there is always a chance of things not working as expected. Your device might get soft-bricked or go into a boot loop. However, you could easily fix this problem and get your device back to normal by flashing the your device firmware file. So with such a long list of benefits attached, flashing the firmware using MTK Flash Tool might become an absolute necessity. Therefore, without any further delay, let’s see the required instructions and steps.
What is MTK Flash Tool?
MediaTek Flash Tool is more popularly known as MTK Flash Tool, beholds a number of useful functionalities. Here are some of its noteworthy features:
- Flash Firmware: The tool has made it easy to flash the firmware file into various MediaTek devices. Just load the firmware file, click the Download button, and your device has got new firmware.
- Support Various Firmware Formats: This tool supports both the .TXT as well as the .CFG format files that are present inside the MTK firmware package.
So these were some of its important features. Let’s now see the steps to install firmware using MTK Flash Tool.
Install MTK Flash Tool | How to Flash Firmware Using It
Before starting off with the instructions, there are a few files that you need to get hold of. So download it from the below section and only then proceed with the flashing steps.
- Download and install the MediaTek VCom Drivers on your PC.
- Next up, download the MTK Flash Tool onto your PC: MTK_FlashTool
- Like this, you will also have to download the stock firmware for your MediaTek device.
Instruction Steps :-
- To begin with, extract the downloaded MTK Flash Tool to any convenient location on your PC or Laptop.
- Now open the extracted folder and double click on the Flash_Tool.exe file to launch the tool.
- Once the tool opens, click on the Scatter/Config button.
- Now browse to the txt or cfg file of the stock firmware, select it, and click OK.
- When this step is done, power off your device and connect it to the PC via USB cable.
- Click the Download button on the Tool and the flashing shall now begin.
- Once done, you shall be notified of the same via the green circle icon.
- After flashing done, you may unplug the device from the PC and close the tool.
So this was all from this guide on how to install MTK flash tool and how to install stock firmware on your MediaTek device using it. If you have any queries to this guide, let us know in the comment section.